Balanced flue gas fires fitted with Mertik GV60 gas control system:
1. Acoustic Warning Signals:
- One long beep
- Kill switch OFF (0): Flip Kill switch to (I).
- Wiring not complete: Check wiring thermocouple circuit.
- 8 wire cable defective: Check/replace 8 wire cable.
- Micro switch defective: Change gas valve.
- Sync not OK: Perform new sync remote<>receiver.
- Three short beeps: Replace batteries or mains power supply.
2. No Reaction from Remote/Receiver:
- Power supply/batteries: Check power supply.
- No sync between remote and receiver: Perform Sync procedure.
- Distance between remote and receiver: Re-position receiver.
- Damaged receiver: Replace receiver.
- Damaged remote control: Replace remote control.
3. No Pilot Gas (no clunking sound):
- Check wiring and interrupter in pilot circuit.
- Check/replace 8 wire cable remote<>gas valve.
- Check ground wire under torx during 1 spark stop.
- Replace receiver.
- Replace gas valve.
4. No/Bad Spark:
- Disconnected spark wire: Check spark cable connections.
- Short between cable and metal: Check if cable is free from metal parts.
- Bad spark plug: Check spark plug for fractures and replace.
- Distance between spark plug and pilot head: Ensure distance is approximately 4mm.
5. Pilot Flame Hard to Ignite:
- Issues with mains gas supply pressure: Adjust main gas supply pressure or pilot flame pressure.
- Air inside pilot tube: Purge complete gas lines.
- Blocked injector: Clean or replace pilot injector.
- Issues with pilot flame gas tube: Check and purge.
- Damaged pilot flame head: Check/replace if necessary.
6. Pilot Drops After Ignition:
- Issues with pilot flame not heating thermocouple tip:
- Check gas supply pressures.
- Check pilot flame injector and pilot gas tube.
- Purge pilot lines if air is inside.
- Check premix openings.
- Verify wiring connections.
- Measure circuit voltage (should be a minimum of 4.5 mV).
- Check thermocouple.
- Replace gas valve if DC magnet unit is bad.
7. Pilot Drops in a Closed Fire:
- False air issues: Check for gasket/leakage and ensure pressure hatch is fully closed.
- Main flame interference: Check restrictor/baffle status as per the installation manual.
8. Pilot/Main Flame Drops:
- Check main gas supply lines and pressure.
- Check power supplies.
- Verify fire/flue system specifications.
- Ensure flue connections are secure.
9. No Main Burner Start-Up:
- Gas valve setting: Ensure the big knob on the gas valve is set to ON.
10. Delayed Ignition of Main Burner:
- Obstructions: Check the log/stone positions.
- Check and adjust flame pressures.
- Clean main burner portholes.
- Verify log positions against the manual.
11. Low Main Flame:
- Gas supply issues: Check and correct mains gas supply pressure.
- Check and adjust burner pressure.
12. Main Flame has No Adjustability:
- Adjustment issue: Check low set adjustment and correct as per manual.
13. DB Double Burner Not Working:
- Bad step valve: Listen for a clicking sound, push the ++ button on the remote several times, and replace step valve if needed.
14. Sooting Fire:
- Transport and setup issues: Verify all specs and positions against installation manual.
- Pressure issues: Adjust mains gas supply.
- Check and clean blocked burner portholes.
- Verify and correct main burner and decorative item setups.
For any issue not covered, please refer to the detailed manual or contact the manufacturer’s support team.